Tune in for more chances to win … more MAGIC… and more HAT. Now, with even more chances to play!
We’ll be doing a warm up round at $500, and 4 rounds at $1,000!
Magic Hat is brought to you by
Here’s What’s New
- ✓ Faster Than Ever! We’ll play more games and get to the answer quicker.
- ✓ More Chances to Win! When a winner is crowned, we’ll start a new round the next day.
- ✓ Daily Clues! Listen weekdays at 7am, 11am and 3pm for clues.
Increase Your Odds of Winning
Sign up below for BONUS CLUES and a chance at EXTRA GUESSES!
Magic Hat Guesses
Use other peoples guesses to help you find out what’s in The Magic Hat. Tap or click to open up the current round’s section for a list of all wrong guesses.
SCHOOL OF ROCK
ALICE IN WONDERLAND
THE MAD HAT
ROUND 1 WINNER!
Congrats to Robert Leeman of Santee!
He correctly guessed that RICHIE VALENS was in the Magic Hat!
How did the clues point the way? Take a look below, and tune in Friday at 7am for a new round worth $1,000!
E-MAIL: ((Picture of Flamingos)) (Ritchie Valens and the Flamingos were both inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in 2001.)
1) Heads or tails? (Ritchie Valens “won” a seat on the fateful plane that crashed by winning a coin toss against guitarist Tommy Allsup)
2) Your dog will love Natural Balance Dental Chews Fresh & Clean Formula! (Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc. company headquarters are located in Pacoima, CA, Ritchie Valens hometown.)
3) The Ramones (one of many bands to cover “Come On, Let’s Go,” by RItchie Valens)
E-MAIL: ((Picture of Danny Trejo)) (Trejo is from Pacoima, CA, same hometown as Ritchie Valens)
1) Queen (Ritchie Valens and Queen were both inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in 2001.)
2) Matthew and Gunnar Nelson played this year (Feb 3, 2016 at the Winter Dance Party, an annual concert in tribute to Ritchie Valens and name of the tour he was on when killed)
3) #1 almost 19 years ago (The Los Lobos cover of “La Bamba” reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart in 1987)
E-MAIL: Happy Belated Birthday! Less then a week late! (Ritchie Valens birthday was last Friday, born May 13, 1941)
1) M.J. (Ritchie Valens and Michael Jackson were both inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in 2001)
2) Ernie continues the tradition (Valens’ nephew Ernie Valens tours worldwide playing his uncle’s songs)
3) Winter Dance Party (the name of the multi-act rock and roll tour Ritchie Valens was on when his plane crashed)
SEASON 1 OF BREAKING BAD
RED ROCKS AMPHITHEATRE IN COLORADO
A BULL RIDER
SIR MIX-A-LOT’S BIG BUTT SONG
ROUND 2 WINNER!
Congrats to Brenda Prado of San Diego!
She correctly guessed that THE AMAZON RIVER was in the Magic Hat!
How did the clues point the way? Take a look below, and tune in Tuesday at 7am for a new round worth $1,000!
E-MAIL: Miss Me? (The source of the Amazon river is Mismi, a mountain peak in the Andes of Peru)
1) Season One and Done (The ABC TV series “The River,” based in the Amazon, aired for only one season in 2012)
2) Second place (The Amazon River is the second longest river in the world, to the Nile River)
3) Doctor Campbell will see you now (The movie “Medicine Man” is based in the Amazon, starring Sean Connery as Dr. Robert Campbell)
EMAIL: P, B, V, C, E, B.
(Initials for the six countries the Amazon river and its tributaries flow through are Peru, Bolivia, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, and Brazil before emptying into the Atlantic Ocean)
1) 6400 (the number of kilometers long the Amazon river is)
2) It don’t want none unless you got buns, hun! (“It” refers to Sir Mix-A-Lot’s “anaconda” which inhabit the Amazon River)
3) Two ways to Stream (The Amazon river is a large ‘stream’ of water, and Amazon.com streams music)
E-MAIL: An Outsider lost outside (C. Thomas Howell, star of ‘The Outsiders’ also starred in the 1999 TV series “AMAZON”)
1) Inspired on the road (Amazon.com was created in 1994 by founder Jeff Bezos while on a road trip from New York to Seattle.)
2) Saddle up and fight! (In Greek Mythology, the Amazons were a race of female warriors, and are credited for inventing the cavalry, fighting while mounted on horseback. Spanish explorer Fancisco de Orellana named the river “Amazona” after seeing a group of female warriors while exploring the river)
3) You can call me Diana Prince (Secret Identity of Amazon princess and “Justice League” superhero Wonder Woman, from DC comics)
E-MAIL: Three Days with Aria (Avalon Waterways offer Amazon River cruise tours, on the ship named Aria)
1) First contact (Last year, a tribe living in the Amazon jungle who had never made contact with civilization were seen, after being threatened by logging.
2) Flesh-eating fish-feeding frenzy (Piranha fish are found in the Amazon river)
3) Fresh Fire, Prime Echo (Four of the products and services offered by Amazon.com: AmazonFresh (grocery delivery), Amazon Fire (tablet), Amazon Prime (membership) and Amazon Echo (speaker, home assistant)).
Rule 11: All the basic elements to build rafts will be provided and distributed. The use of manual but not electric tools is allowed. (A rule from the annual “Amazon River International Raft Race.” The longest distance raft race in the world.)
1) Jewel decides the family should visit, and Blu must face his formidable father in law (Plot of the animated move “Rio 2” which takes place in the Amazon)
2) No bridges (There are no bridges that cross the Amazon river, mostly because there is no need, the majority of the Amazon River runs through rainforests rather than roads or cities.)
DANCING WITH THE STARS
SEX IN THE CITY
JEREMY PIVEN FROM ENTOURAGE
ROUND 3 WINNER!
Congrats to Brandi Denn of Chula Vista!
She correctly guessed that a SNEEZE was in the Magic Hat!
How did the clues point the way? Take a look below, and tune in Monday at 7am for a new round worth $1,000!
E-MAIL: Derek, Julian, Danny (Members of the Boston band “Sneeze.”)
1) Season 6, Episode 2 (“Sneeze” was the title of that episode of Smallville)
2) New York office is on Chrystie Street (Sneeze magazine focuses on skateboarding culture and lifestyle, and is based in New York and Vancouver)
3) Iguanas are best (Many animals sneeze but the iguana is the “sneeziest,”, sneezing more often and productively than any other)
E-MAIL: Too bright? Blame your parents (Bright sunlight causes one out of three people to sneeze, and is an inherited trait)
1) Expelled (The definition of sneeze is ‘an act of expelling air from the nose”)
2) January 20th, Live From New York, it’s Saturday Night!! (Tori Amos performed “Caught a Lite Sneeze” on SNL on January 20, 1996)
3) 23,472 hours (the longest sneezing fit ever lasted 978 days)
E-MAIL: Like Dracula (to prevent spreading germs while sneezing, hold your arm up over your face in a position similar to Dracula holding up his cape and then sneezing into your elbow)
1) (((Audio Clue))): Ritchie Valens “Oh Donna”
(The world record for ‘Longest Sneezing Fit’ is held by Donna Griffiths, who started sneezing January 13, 1981 and achieved her first sneeze-free day on September 16 1983, the 978th day.)
ROUND 4 WINNER!
Congrats to Anthony Romero of San Diego!
He correctly guessed that a BUSINESS CARD was in the Magic Hat!
A DIAMOND RING
ROUND 5 WINNER!
Congrats to Josh Borja of San Diego!
He correctly guessed that DEVILED EGGS were in the Magic Hat!
Wednesday, June 15
EMAIL: Thank an Italian
· Italy is the place of Origin for Deviled eggs
CLUE 1 – ((Audio Clue)) “You’re as cold as ice” (Foreigner)
· Deviled Eggs are served cold
CLUE 2 – No Cavities
· A deviled egg is the yolk cavity filled with the egg’s yolk and a mixture of ingredients
CLUE 3 – Russian angel
· Common alternate names for deviled eggs are “Angel Eggs” and Russian Eggs”
Thursday, June 16
E-MAIL: “212 Degrees”
· The boiling point of water, required to hard boil eggs for deviled eggs.
CLUE 1 – “Rory reluctantly attends Sherry’s baby shower in Boston with Lorelai”
· Plot summary for Gilmore Girls, Season 3 Episode 6, titled “Take the Deviled Eggs..”.