Magic 92.5 / XHRM-FM (92.5)
“Magic Hat!” Official Contest Rules
MAGIC 92.5 (XHRM-FM) & LOCAL MEDIA SAN DIEGO, LLC ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY EVENT / PRIZE CHANGES AND / OR CANCELATIONS.
General contest rules may be picked up at 6160 Cornerstone Court East, Suite 150, San Diego, CA 92121, Monday – Friday during normal business hours.
PICK UP HOURS: 9:00am-5:00pm , Monday-Friday
6160 Cornerstone Court East, Suite 150, San Diego, CA 92121
Station: XHRM-FM / Magic 92.5 (the “Station”)
Station Address: 6160 Cornerstone Court East, Suite 150, San Diego, CA 92121
LOCAL MEDIA SAN DIEGO, LLC, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agree as follows:
1. Description of Contest / Participation
A. Dates of Contest:
The contest will begin on Monday, January 11, 2016 and end on or around February 12, 2016, or when all winners are confirmed.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
B. How to enter:
Listen for the station cue to call at or around 7:00am, 12:00pm, and 3:00pm, Monday through Friday within the contest period.
Upon playing the Station’s cue to call to participate in the Contest, the Station will select the announced numbered caller to the Station’s contest line as the Contest Participant. Only the successful caller who completes the call to the Station (providing all identifying information), meets all eligibility requirements and complies with all rules will be able to participate.
The Contest Participant will have an opportunity to guess and correctly identify the mystery item in the “Magic Hat” and be awarded the prize. Representatives of the company will be present or on the phone during the guess to confirm the correct guess. All decisions by the Company are final.
2. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) is $1,000.00. The station will announce the prize amount with each contest.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents residing in San Diego County, at least 18-years old as determined by the Company. A parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed within 60 days of the contest end date. Prize is nontransferable.
4. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind.
5. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
6. Release. By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from a station will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or who the Company believes has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
9. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Purchase does not increase chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the Station(s) and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
10. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.