Today is the annual Bike to Work Day, organized by the San Diego Association of Governments! Thousands of San Diegans will take part so we want to make sure you have all the details.
Volunteers will man 100 pit stops countywide, offering T-shirts, refreshments, snacks and encouragement, according to SANDAG. The pit stops will be staffed between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m., and some will offer extra incentives like free bike repairs, tune-ups and breakfast.
Here are a few locations:
- UC San Diego, next to the Price Center;
- the San Ysidro Port of Entry, near the pedestrian crossing, hosted by Casa Familiar;
- Balboa Park, at Sixth Avenue and Laurel Street, including live music;
- Balboa Park, at the carousel, hosted by the San Diego Zoo and city of San Diego Parks and Recreation, with appearances by animals;
- the Sharp Healthcare campus at 3075 Health Center Drive, near the Outpatient Pavilion, with music and free massages; and
- Qualcomm, 5717 Pacific Center Blvd., where breakfast burritos, fruit and coffee will be served.
Councilman Chris Ward is scheduled to lead a group ride in downtown San Diego. Riders can meet at 7 a.m. at 401 B St., with departure set for 15 minutes later.
Drivers are asked to keep an eye out for the large numbers of bike riders who will be on the roadways.
Are you joining in on the fun of Bike to Work Day? If you are, tell us about it on Facebook!