Local Media San Diego is seeking an Account Executive to drive core station spot, digital and event revenue initiatives. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated with a “can do” outlook, who actively engages in strategic prospecting, uncovering client needs analysis and then developing custom solutions on a daily basis. Those that can cultivate meaningful relationships with high-level decision makers & key influencers are encouraged to apply. Meeting and exceeding annual quota objectives, striving for maximum market share in the process, is the expectation. Desired experience: 5+ years of media sales with a successful track record of generating revenue in on-air, on line and event assets. We’re recruiting achievers who thrive in a fast-paced team environment! Candidate must have a valid Driver’s License, vehicle and insurance. We offer a competitive benefits package. Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Media San Diego, LLC has an immediate opening for a bus driver to drive/operate our 45 foot Passenger Bus. Driver will be responsible for driving the bus to locations throughout San Diego for fifteen (15) to twenty-five (25) hours per week. Driver will interact with clients and public, so good attitude and positive attitude is a must.
Bus Driver requirements:
Class B license with airbrake and passenger endorsement
Experience driving buses
Must have flexible schedule
Understand basic mechanics of bus
Clean driving record, provide DMV driving history record
Pass drug screening
Hourly Rate. You will be scheduled for 15-25 hours per week. Please send resume to email@example.com
Must be able to work at least 10-15 hours a week, including nights and weekends as needed.
Reliable, punctual and possess strong social skills
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Position requires a positive attitude, strong customer service and organizational skills
Candidate must be a self motivate, creative thinker
High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Two-Years College Preferred
Microsoft Word, Excel, Website and Internet experience
Knowledge of San Diego and surrounding area is a plus
Knowledge of broadcasting equipment is a plus
21 years old
Must have excellent Driving Record
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – Please specify that you are applying for the position in the subject line. No phone calls, please
On-Air Board Operator
The qualified candidates will:
• Operate broadcast console
• Read and follow format log and play the correct spots and station ID’s at the appropriate times
• Operate faders, monitor audio levels, and segue music – ensure the music is tight.
• Board ops will need to show up 30 minutes prior to live broadcast to check in and make sure studio is set up for broadcast
• Communicate effectively with program directors. Other duties may be assigned
• May help administer contests, answer listener phone calls, screen listener calls for live shows.
• Board operators may also be responsible for monitoring additional radio stations simultaneously.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
I N T E R N S H I P S
Social Media Internship Program
Local Media San Diego is a local, independent radio group in San Diego that includes radio stations 91X, Magic 92.5 and Z90. Socially, our main goal is to build a community of people that are engaged in the station brands, creating more on-air listenership, increased attendance at station events and shows, and increased digital traffic (database, unique visitors and frequency).
We are looking for fun, enthusiastic interns to work with our Social Media/Content Team! Interns will assist with creating and curating content for our Websites and social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
What you will learn:
• How to create and guide compelling content that engages the audience demographic for each station.
• How to track Social Media and Website analytics and the success of posts and content.
• How to effectively work in a fast-paced environment.
• Photography and possible video editing if the opportunity presents itself.
What we require:
• You have to be Social! Hermits need not apply!
• Upper-division classes in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, or other related classes.
• Organized and detailed oriented, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
• Creative and confident – not afraid to be a bold and outside the box thinker.
• Love for social networking sites, and general excitement to learn new skills and work as part of a high-energy team.
• A strong work ethic and flexibility to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends when a learning opportunity arises.
• A personal laptop and Smart Phone that can be used for this internship.
• Your schedule must be flexible, you must be able to accept remote applications if you are joining us at an event.
• Must be legally able to work in US.
• A 3-month commitment
• Minimum of 10-hours per week.
Our commitment to you :
• You will learn about the fastest growing area of the radio industry.
• You will have FUN!
• You will leave with practical and real-world experience at the end of your 3-months with us.
• You will have FUN!
• We will provide you with a glowing letter of recommendation if you wow us with your skills!
• Did we mention, this will be FUN?!
This is an UNPAID internship
Please include a very creative cover letter introducing yourself, telling us why you want to work with 91X, Magic 92.5 and Z90, and your social media accounts, portfolio links, etc. No phone calls, please.
Learn about the radio business, first hand!
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must receive college credit for internship via work experience/internship class.
• Mandatory attendance at the promotions meetings every Wednesday at 12:30pm
• Must be able to work at least 15 hours per week.
• Help with collecting digital content for social media, and the radio websites.
If you meet ALL of the above requirements
This is an UNPAID internship