Magic 92.5 Morning Show Producer
Local Media San Diego’s heritage Rhythmic AC powerhouse Magic 92.5/San Diego is looking for its next morning show producer for market mainstay Jagger and Kristi.
PD R Dub! is seeking qualified candidates who have a great attitude, work ethic and a fearless desire to win in a highly competitive market. Creativity and strong social media skills are crucial for this role. You will be responsible for preparing and cultivating show prep, coordinating, scheduling/booking guests, audio editing, archiving material, creative writing, screening phone calls, studio board operation, working collaboratively with programming, promotion and sales departments, making appearances and other exciting tasks.
Knowledge of, and experience with NexGen (or similar digital delivery system) and digital audio editing is required.
Local Media San Diego, LLC is a locally owned company, with a dynamic team in the best market in the country! If you feel you fit these requirements, send your resume, references, aircheck, audio samples and anything else you feel we need to see for this EOE gig to email@example.com. Absolutely no calls.
91X (XTRA-FM), San Diego’s Local Independent Alternative station has an immediate opening for a morning show host.
91X seeks an awesome host for mornings to join our team.
We’re independently owned and operated, with a winning culture. Our team is passionate about serving our community and creating great local radio!
We are NOT looking for a “jock” or liner reader, but a real PERSONALITY who is, or will be, immersed in the music, culture and lifestyle of Southern California.
If you have a passion for Alternative music, live the lifestyle, and can prove it by effectively communicating it on the air, through Social Media and in public appearances, we want to hear from you.
Required experience and qualifications should include 3 to 5 years on-air, the ability to run a tight board, strong production skills and familiarity with using NexGen, ENCO, WideOrbit or other digital delivery systems.
Additional bonus points if you love craft beer, tacos/burritos, working hard and playing harder.
If this sounds like you, please send resume, references and aircheck demo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Local Media San Diego, LLC owns and operates Radio Stations in San Diego, CA. We offer a competitive benefits package and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.
Please send your resume, references and aircheck/audio samples to: email@example.com. No calls, please.
Local Media San Diego, LLC is seeking a seasoned Account Executive to drive core station Spot, Digital and Non-Traditional Revenues. The ideal Candidate uses past experience while staying up to date on current media trends and help clients with marketing objectives. Candidate should be able to actively engage in strategic prospecting, help assess client needs analysis and then create client solutions on a daily basis. Those that can cultivate meaningful relationships with high-level decision makers & key influencers are encouraged to apply. Meeting and exceeding annual quota objectives, striving for maximum market share in the process, is the expectation. Desired experience: 2-3 years of media sales with a successful record of accomplishment of exceeding revenue budgets. We are recruiting “can do” achievers who thrive in a fast-paced team environment! Candidate must have a valid Driver’s License, vehicle and insurance. We offer a competitive benefits package.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Executive Digital Sales
Local Media San Diego is looking for an Account Executive to sell our digital assets. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining strategic advertising partnerships with digital advertising agencies and advertisers in San Diego and throughout Southern California. Successful candidates must be motivated, enthusiastic, self-starters able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Manage and proactively sell to digital advertising agencies and brands
- Structure and direct the entire sales process from account identification to close
- Work with Director of Digital Sales to develop new strategies and solutions for local, regional and national companies
- Market database of 1st party users
- Build Social Media campaigns from an active and engaged base of followers
- Collaborate with series of Local Media Events to enhance digital campaign with more touch points
- Use local targeting to super serve the needs of advertisers on a micro level
- 1-2 years of Digital Account Executive or client facing Digital Ops experience
- Strong existing network of agency/brand contacts and relationships
- 2-3 years prior experience in a digital sales role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to design, deliver and execute marketing strategies and presentations
- Must be knowledgeable and savvy with digital and social platforms,
- Prior demonstrated prospecting experience through cold calling, networking and meeting functions
- Ability to deliver and reaching sales targets and revenue goals
Please send all resumes to email@example.com
Local Media San Diego is seeking an Account Executive to drive core station spot, digital and event revenue initiatives. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated with a “can do” outlook, who actively engages in strategic prospecting, uncovering client needs analysis and then developing custom solutions on a daily basis. Those that can cultivate meaningful relationships with high-level decision makers & key influencers are encouraged to apply. Meeting and exceeding annual quota objectives, striving for maximum market share in the process, is the expectation. Desired experience: 5+ years of media sales with a successful track record of generating revenue in on-air, on line and event assets. We’re recruiting achievers who thrive in a fast-paced team environment! Candidate must have a valid Driver’s License, vehicle and insurance. We offer a competitive benefits package. Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
On-Air Board Operator
The qualified candidates will:
• Operate broadcast console
• Read and follow format log and play the correct spots and station ID’s at the appropriate times
• Operate faders, monitor audio levels, and segue music – ensure the music is tight.
• Board ops will need to show up 30 minutes prior to live broadcast to check in and make sure studio is set up for broadcast
• Communicate effectively with program directors. Other duties may be assigned
• May help administer contests, answer listener phone calls, screen listener calls for live shows.
• Board operators may also be responsible for monitoring additional radio stations simultaneously.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
I N T E R N S H I P S
Social Media Internship Program
Local Media San Diego is a local, independent radio group in San Diego that includes radio stations 91X, Magic 92.5 and Z90. Socially, our main goal is to build a community of people that are engaged in the station brands, creating more on-air listenership, increased attendance at station events and shows, and increased digital traffic (database, unique visitors and frequency).
We are looking for fun, enthusiastic interns to work with our Social Media/Content Team! Interns will assist with creating and curating content for our Websites and social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
What you will learn:
• How to create and guide compelling content that engages the audience demographic for each station.
• How to track Social Media and Website analytics and the success of posts and content.
• How to effectively work in a fast-paced environment.
• Photography and possible video editing if the opportunity presents itself.
What we require:
• You have to be Social! Hermits need not apply!
• Upper-division classes in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, or other related classes.
• Organized and detailed oriented, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
• Creative and confident – not afraid to be a bold and outside the box thinker.
• Love for social networking sites, and general excitement to learn new skills and work as part of a high-energy team.
• A strong work ethic and flexibility to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends when a learning opportunity arises.
• A personal laptop and Smart Phone that can be used for this internship.
• Your schedule must be flexible, you must be able to accept remote applications if you are joining us at an event.
• Must be legally able to work in US.
• A 3-month commitment
• Minimum of 10-hours per week.
Our commitment to you :
• You will learn about the fastest growing area of the radio industry.
• You will have FUN!
• You will leave with practical and real-world experience at the end of your 3-months with us.
• You will have FUN!
• We will provide you with a glowing letter of recommendation if you wow us with your skills!
• Did we mention, this will be FUN?!
This is an UNPAID internship
Please include a very creative cover letter introducing yourself, telling us why you want to work with 91X, Magic 92.5 and Z90, and your social media accounts, portfolio links, etc. No phone calls, please.
Learn about the radio business, first hand!
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must receive college credit for internship via work experience/internship class.
• Mandatory attendance at the promotions meetings every Wednesday at 12:30pm
• Must be able to work at least 15 hours per week.
• Help with collecting digital content for social media, and the radio websites.
If you meet ALL of the above requirements
This is an UNPAID internship